How to Register Your Child for Standard One in Primary School Guide
The registration for Standard One is opening on 1st March to 30 April and parents can opts to register their child for primary school if they turn seven years old next year. However, online registration is only applicable for states in Peninsular Malaysia. Parents in Sabah, Sarawak, and Federal Territory of Labuan still need to apply manually at their selected schools.
Children who are turning seven years old in 2022 or children born between 2 January 2015 and 1 January 2016. While for the 2023 intake children will be turning seven years old in 2023 and children born between 2 January 2016 and 1 January 2017.
However, if you want to register your child who was born just two weeks shy of the date (e.g. born between 2 and 15 January), there is a special exception. Your child will need to go through a written test and oral interview to prove that they are ready for school. The visit the Ministry of Education’s website and create an account
1. You will need to create a new account for first time users.
2. Fill in all your personal details, and click submit to create your account. Once that’s done, you’ll need to return to the first screen and log in with your newly created account.
Once you’re logged in, you can scroll down to see the online services available. Click on ‘Tahun 1‘ to sign up your child for Standard One. Then, select ‘Permohonan Baharu‘ to start a new application.
Next, fill up all the required information and submit. Do note that this portion of the website will only be made available from 1 March to 30 April.
4. Verify your registration at the primary school within 14 days of your online registration
After completing the online registration between 1 March and 30 April, you’ll have 14 days to verify it at the designated school. Make sure to bring the registration form, along with these supporting documents:
1. Birth certificate of child (original and copy)
2. IC of parent or guardian (original and copy)
3. Marriage certificate or divorce document (original and copy)
4. Utility bills (electric/water/assessment bills/rent/Telekom) under parent’s/guardian’s name to verify residential address (original and copy)
5. Sibling’s birth certificate if they are studying in the same school (Copy)
6. Doctor’s health report or OKU card (if applicable)
7. Self-addressed envelope with stamp affixed (subject to individual school requirements)
Then you will receive a letter in either July or August, stating the school that your child will be attending. Remember to keep the letter and bring it along on your child’s first day of school.